Tuesday 9 July 2013

Garden visitors first week July

Plenty of activity still going on in my garden; with lots of varied parents collecting food for their young and flying off with it.

Occasional visits of Starling and Blackbird families with young in tow desperate to be fed. Lots of gaping beaks and chirping babies saying 'feed me, feed me'.
The parents sometimes ignore the young, fly off and the abandoned (lazy?) little one then feeds itself quite capably until mum or dad returns, then it shouts 'feed me, feed me' once again. Poor old parents are starting to look a bit shattered now.

The pair of Robins are back and forth constantly feeding and collecting food still and taking it away.
If there's no food, they come looking for it and try to attract my attention.
I'm sure they have had a couple of broods already but so far I have seen no young Robins at all this year.

© Gibby Frogett
 

I don't see hardly any butterflies or insects like I use to, so I like to try to get a photo when possible if I see any.



some sort of Shield Bug   © Gibby Frogett


Meadow  Brown Butterfly (male?)   © Gibby Frogett


Juvenile Magpie © Gibby Frogett

For several months a pair of Magpies have been regular visitors. They have at least two young, but this one remained in garden when one of the adults flew off and was fairly happy to pose for me.



No comments: